TAKAMINE ACOUSTIC GUITAR SCHOLARSHIP
The Takamine Acoustic Guitar Scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2019 to an intermediate or advanced student (U.S. or non-U.S. citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program or Bachelor’s of Music in Performance (Guitar) program who demonstrates overall outstanding musicianship and performance on the acoustic guitar in any genre.
For programs beginning SPRING 2019
Deadline is March 3, 2019
- Award is $1,500.00 tuition credit applied to the first quarter of the program, and a new Takamine guitar.
- Available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- May only be applied to the Associate of Arts and Bachelor’s of Music in Performance (Guitar) Program.
- Newly enrolling and currently enrolled/returning students in any MI program are eligible.
Certificate, MI Select, MM or other programs are not eligible.
- Awardee must maintain enrollment at 12 units (fulltime status) during the full length of award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in AA or B.M. (Guitar) program for the full duration of the scholarship may result in withdrawal of the award.
- Scholarships are nontransferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- YouTube video URL: YouTube video of you performing three (3) songs in any genre on the acoustic guitar. It is required that this include two (2) live ensemble (band or duo) performances, and one (1) unaccompanied solo performance. No play-along tracks will be accepted.
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.