STEVE ROBINSON METAL OF HONOR VETERAN’S PERFORMANCE SCHOLARSHIP
The Steve Robinson Metal of Honor Veterans Performance Scholarship (sponsored by The Rockstar Mayhem Festival’s Metal of Honor Program) was created to directly encourage and support the educational growth of a newly enrolling US Military veteran (all branches) any AA Performance Program at Musicians Institute.
For programs beginning SPRING 2019
Deadline is March 1, 2019
- The total scholarship amount will be $1,000 credited towards the first quarter’s tuition.
- Available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- May only be applied to Music Artist Performance Program (newly enrolling AA Program Bass, Guitar, Drums, Vocals or Keyboard students only).
- Current/returning students in any MI program are not eligible
- Scholarship applicants must have submitted the Application for Admissions by the scholarship application deadline and must be entering the program for the first time.
- Scholarships are nontransferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- YouTube video URL: YouTube video must contain at a minimum: three (3) diverse songs (in any style on your instrument/voice). It is required that this include two (2) live ensemble (band or duo) performances (No play along tracks will be accepted), and one (1) unaccompanied solo (a capella) piece. You may use electric and/or acoustic instruments. You must be able to demonstrate overall outstanding musicianship, and demonstrate the ability to excel in any style or genre of your choosing on your instrument (or voice).
- You must be a newly enrolling US Military veteran (all branches welcome) at Musicians Institute.
- Form – DD-214 (discharge papers) is required.
- Honorable discharge not required.
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.