The top TWO grand prize winners will each receive a scholarship prize package of $3,000 cash and a $3,000 tuition discount from MI which is applicable to any MI program in which the student is currently enrolled, or can be applied to any MI program that the student chooses to enroll in during Winter 2019 or Spring 2019 quarter.
Total award = $6,000 per grand prize winner in cash and tuition discount with two winners. Disbursements will vary by length of program, and are awarded in two consecutive quarterly increments.
Three Runners-up (3rd, 4th, and 5th prize) will each receive a scholarship prize package of $1,000 cash and a $1,000 tuition discount from MI which is applicable to any MI program in which the student is currently enrolled, or can be applied to any MI program that the student chooses to enroll in during Winter 2019 or Spring 2019 quarters only.
Total award = $2,000 per winner in cash and tuition discount with three winners. Disbursements will be made a “one-time” payment.
- Must be a currently enrolled (domestic and international) Musicians Institute student in AA performance (guitar, bass, drums, vocal, keyboard) or Bachelors performance programs, in good academic standing as of Jan. 7, 2019.
- Past winners of Stanley Clarke Scholarships are ineligible for the 2019 scholarship competition.
To be considered for a scholarship, your application should include:
- YouTube recording of two (2) songs (one with live musicians –no pre-recorded tracks, and one unaccompanied solo or a cappella-piece –no pre-recorded tracks) in any style that highlight your talents and performance abilities.
- You MUST also include a two (2) minute (MAXIMUM length) video recording of you describing your personal story with music and why you should be chosen as a scholarship winner.
- Completed application form.
February 1, 2019 5pm Pacific
The TOP FIVE Finalists will be via email notified by 5pm on February 8, 2019. The top five finalists will play in the Final Performance Event at the Musicians Institute’s Live House on the evening of Saturday February 23, 2019.
Scholarship Winners will be chosen and ranked at the February 23, 2019 Final Performance Event by Stanley Clarke and panel of music industry celebrity judges. Each performer will perform LIVE two (2) songs (one song with their own live band (no pre-recorded tracks) and one solo (no pre-recorded tracks) or a cappella-piece at the Finals Performance Event.
Scholarship awards are non-transferable and all tuition discounts must be applied in Winter or Spring 2019 quarters. Past winners of Stanley Clarke Scholarships are ineligible for the 2019 scholarship competition.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.