MUSICIANS INSTITUTE LIBRARY SCHOLARSHIP
The Musicians Institute Library scholarship, established in 2019, supports Musicians Institute Library student employees who exemplify outstanding knowledge of library services and resources.
- Award is $1,000.00 tuition credit to be applied to the next contiguous quarter (Spring 2019 quarter) as long as the recipient maintains satisfactory progress.
- Applicants must be currently employed by the Musicians Institute Library.
- Available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- May be applied to Certificate, AA, Bachelor, Master’s Program at Musicians Institute.
- Awardee must maintain enrollment at 12 units (fulltime status) during the full length of award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in the program for the full duration of the scholarship may result in withdrawal of the award.
- Scholarships are nontransferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- Complete applications must be received by the scholarship deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Submit a PDF essay in two parts:
- Essay Part A: An essay on the importance of academic libraries and information literacy to students and the music industry at large (250-300 words).
- Essay Part B: Clearly articulate why you should be considered for the award. You may include your accomplishments and future goals; personal, professional, and academic (200-250 words).
(Total essay is 550 words maximum, longer submissions will not accepted)
For programs beginning SPRING 2019
Deadline is March 8, 2019
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.