MI ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
MI Alumni Scholarships are available to all students who have previously attended MI, have graduated or completed their course of study, and are enrolling in another program.
Scholarship maximum amounts will be awarded only for the regular duration of the program as follows:
Industry Certificates, 2 quarters
$500/Qtr = $1,000
Performance Certificates, 4 quarters
$500/Qtr = $2,000
Associate Degrees, 6 quarters
$500/Qtr = $3,000
Bachelor Degree, 12 quarters
$500/Qtr = $6,000
(Additional quarters may be awarded for approved emphasis)
- Open to all students who previously attended MI and have graduated or completed their course of study.
- Scholarship applicants must be entering a Musicians Institute Certificate or Degree program (MI Select or MI Select Express are not eligible programs).
- May be applied to any Musicians Institute Certificate or Degree program (MI Select and MI Select Express programs are not eligible).
- The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters and credited toward each quarter’s tuition.
- Complete applications must be received by scholarship due date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA. If GPA drops below 3.0 student will not receive credit for subsequent quarters until eligibility is regained. There won’t be any retroactive payments for lost quarters.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarships offered at MI. If a student receives another scholarship from MI, which is higher in amount, the student will forfeit this scholarship.
1. One-Page Essay: Describing yourself and why you should be considered for this scholarship.
You may include your musical background, aspirations or any other factors that you consider relevant.
2. YouTube URL: Must contain 3 performances: 2 songs in 2 different styles in an ensemble setting (i.e. accompanied by at least one other live musician) and 1 solo piece.
For programs beginning SUMMER 2019
Deadline is July 3rd, 2019
For programs beginning FALL 2019
Deadline is August 30th, 2019
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.