INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Musicians Institute has created the International Musicians Merit Scholarship specifically to assist advanced musicians from outside the United States with their educational development.
- The total scholarship award will be $1,000 per quarter.
- Available to International students with a valid F-1 visa only.
- Scholarship applicants must have submitted a complete Application for Admission by the scholarship application due date, and must be entering for the program for the first time.
- May be applied to Certificate or Degree in Guitar, Bass, Vocal, Drum, or Keyboard Performance programs or Degree in Music Composition program. (MI Select and MI Select Express programs are not eligible.)
- Award recipients will be notified two to three weeks after the application due date.
- Complete applications must be received by scholarship due date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters in the particular program and credited toward each quarter’s tuition in equal amounts for as long as the student maintains a 3.5 GPA.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
1. One-Page Essay
- Describing yourself and why you should be considered for this scholarship.
- You may include your musical background, aspirations or any other factors that you consider relevant.
2. YouTube URL
- Must contain 3 performances: 2 songs in 2 different styles in an ensemble setting (i.e. accompanied by at least one other live musician) and 1 solo piece.
For programs beginning SUMMER 2019
Deadline is June 2nd, 2019
For programs beginning FALL 2019
Deadline is August 30th, 2019
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.