The MI Hardship Scholarship is awarded to qualified applicants who are currently enrolled in MI Certificate, AA Degree, or BM Degree programs and is based on verifiable financial need, current academic standing, and essay submission.
- Tuition credit based on current quarter balance (maximum $1,500).
- Enrolled currently in any MI Certificate, AA Degree, or BM Degree program.
- Must have verifiable financial need.
- Available to all Certificate, Associate, and Bachelor program students who have completed at least one quarter in the same program for which they are applying for the Hardship Scholarship.
- Available only to students enrolled in a Certificate, Associate, or Bachelor program (Select and Select Express programs are not eligible).
- Eligibility is determined by a combination of demonstrated financial need, academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75) and the quality and content of the scholarship essay.
- Student’s tuition balance along with available scholarship funds and other factors will be considered to determine the amount of the award.
- Students must apply for and accept all other student aid for which he/she is eligible prior to applying for a Hardship Scholarship. Hardship Scholarship award may not be used to replace student aid funding.
- This is a one-time award applied as tuition credit to the current quarter balance of your degree or certificate program (Select and Select Express programs are not eligible). Students may be awarded only one Hardship Scholarship per program.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarships offered at MI. If a student receives another scholarship from MI, which is higher in amount, the student will forfeit this scholarship.
1. One-Page Essay
- Explaining why you should be considered for the MI Hardship Scholarship.
- Include your goals, financial situation (including the amount of tuition credit requested), and any other factors you consider relevant.
For programs beginning SUMMER 2019
Deadline is July 3rd, 2019
For programs beginning FALL 2019
Deadline is August 30th, 2019
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.