Pat Hicks Memorial Guitar Scholarship
The Pat Hicks Memorial Guitar Scholarship was created to honor Musicians Institute cofounder Pat Hicks, and will be awarded in Fall 2018 to an intermediate or advanced student (U.S. or non-U.S. citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program who demonstrates overall outstanding musicianship, passion for the instrument and the potential for developing their own individual sound or unique voice on the instrument in any style or genre.
Melodic Soloing Guitar Scholarship
The Melodic Soloing Scholarship was created to recognize and support the creative skills, talent, tone and taste required to play improvised melodic guitar solos in any style. The scholarship is generously funded by an MI Guitar Program alumnus (GIT class of 1980) and is provided to encourage and support the educational growth of a newly enrolling Associate of Arts (Guitar) program student.
D’Addario Guitar Scholarship
The D’Addario Guitar Scholarship (sponsored by The D’Addario Music Foundation), is awarded to assist advanced, stylistically diverse guitarists with their educational development.
Takamine Acoustic Guitar Scholarship
The Takamine Acoustic Guitar Scholarship will be awarded in Fall 2018 to an intermediate or advanced student (U.S. or non-U.S. citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program who demonstrates overall outstanding musicianship and performance on the acoustic guitar in any genre.
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition for individual programs, and course information.