MI DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Musicians Institute offers the MI Development Scholarship to newly enrolling students in order to encourage the educational development of musicians and music industry professionals.
Application Deadline is four (4) weeks prior to the start of each quarter. Contact your Admissions Advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Scholarship Amount: $1000
Length: Length of Program
Please apply with link below. Scholarship applications will only be accepted through this page.
- Available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
- Based on demonstrated financial need as well as academic history.
- May be applied to any Musicians Institute Certificate or Degree program (MI Select and Select Express are not eligible).
- Applicant must be accepted into a qualified program.
- Complete applications must be received by scholarship due date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters in the particular program and credited toward each quarter’s tuition in equal amounts for as long as the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- Applicant must have completed federal financial aid application by the appropriate due date.
1. One-Page Essay
- Explaining why you should be considered for the MI Development Scholarship.
- You may include your musical background, aspirations, financial situation, or any other factors that you consider relevant.
2. Copy of Official Transcript
- A copy of your official high school or college transcript.
- A minimum of 24 semester units or 36 quarter credits is required for college transcripts.
3. Copy of Tax Return
- A copy of your tax return or other income verification for the previous year.
- If 24 years of age or younger, a copy of parents’ tax return is also required.
4. Professional Goals/College Choice – 150 words or less
Describe the professional goals you would like to achieve in two to four years. If you are enrolling in a particular program, tell us why you have chosen this course of study, please tell us how will help you meet your goals. Also, please tell us why you chose Musicians Institute for your education and training.
5. Financial Need – 100 to 300 words
Please describe your particular circumstances regarding financial need and the impact the scholarship will have upon your situation. Applicants should disc whether or not they intend to work while attending Musicians Institute. Please highlight and outline your current and previous work experiences and discuss how you have saved or prepared for the cost of college, how you blend family with work and school, your individual family living situation, and other ways in which your work experience influence your need. For example, do you work full-time or part-time outside of school, do you have a family to support do you have extraordinary expenses, etc.?
6. Accomplishments (Personal, Professional, and Academic) – 100 to 200 words
Please describe your personal and/or professional accomplishments of which you are most proud. This is particularly important for some of the scholarships we award. This can be, but isn’t limited to, organizations/activities outside of school in which you have participated, leadership positions you have held in organizations, academic and other awards received, etc.
7. Musicians Institute Acceptance Letter
General Information for all MI Scholarships
1. Scholarship Amounts and Method of Award
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of tuition credit only.
- The total award amount will be determined after a review of your application.
- The total award amount is divided by the number of quarters in your program and credited equally toward each quarter’s tuition (except MI Hardship Scholarship; which is a one-time award).
2. Application and Notification
- MI Scholarships are available only to students enrolling in a new program. Before you may submit a scholarship application, you must have a Letter of Acceptance from MI’s Admission Department.
- Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office or Admissions Department or by download from this site.
- Completed applications submitted by the appropriate deadline will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the results within two weeks after the deadline.
3. Other Information
- All scholarships are non-transferable and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than those for which they were originally awarded.
- Scholarship recipients who fail to meet minimum academic requirements during their enrollment will forfeit any remaining award balance (see scholarship applications for specific requirements).
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Federal regulations require that schools report and disclose specific information on programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Refer to the federal program integrity rules.
Overall program costs and student completion rates are provided in the links below.
Please contact an admissions advisor for additional information regarding the disclosed information.
Use our online application to apply for scholarships right now!
Our admissions department is available to answer your questions, give us a call!
Program requirements, tuition, and course information.